A few days ago I made Lebanese food (recipes coming up soon) and I threw together this quick salad using the leftover pomegranate molasses for the dressing. It turned out fabulous, it looks and tastes delicious. The parents loved it, so I decided to make this tonight as a side with pizza. I used parsley as I had a packet lying around which was breathing it’s last so before it spoiled I decide to add it to the salad. Felt like Morisha from Sarabhai vs Sarabhai for doing that, my mom obviously being Maya Sarabhai refers to me as an ‘auntie’ now lol. Parsley added an extra crunch this time, but you can use any greens, kale, baby spinach, arugula or romaine. You just gotta chop the green nicely to blend in with the fruits.
The salad is excellent for the skin and body. With so many antioxidants in the fruits. And pineapples being a good source of Vit-C the cult and much-loved skincare ingredient. And we all know how good greens are for us. So get all this goodness in your system with this easy and scrumptious salad.
The dressing is effortless very basic to make but the taste is anything but that. It is explode in your mouth, juicy and succulent. Make this as a side or even as an early dinner option. This recipe is not going to fail you ever and might just make it’s way into being your holy grail.
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 cups of pomegranate
- 1/2 – 2/3 cups of chopped greens
- 2Tbsp of pomegranate juice
- 1Tbsp of balsamic Vinegarette
- 1/2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Mix the fruits with the greens and add in the dressing. Voila!
- Make sure you use fresh pomegranate juice not store-bought
- I used a manual juicer to juice the pomegranate, if you use an automatic one you have remove the kernels and juice those
- The dressing ratio is 1:2:3 olive oil to balsamic vinegar to pomegranate juice
- You can add a few mint leaves also to add more flavour to the salad
- This not a make-ahead salad pineappled can get limp and same goes for the leaves. Maximum kitchen to table time is 10 minutes not more.